Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Mom is a Meanie

It was the Boy's opinion today that I am the Meanest Mom in the World-- and I am ok with that today. What heinous thing did I do to the Boy? Throw away all his toys- Nope, dress him funny- wrong again, make him eat Brussels sprouts for breakfast- strike three. Ready for the answer?
I made him go to school! Gasp if you must, but I did what I had to do.
And before you starting acting shocked as if I released a little Ebola monkey on to his unsuspecting classmates- He was not sick. The Boy will readily admit that he was perfectly healthy today. There was no reason to keep him home other than the fact that he "didn't want to go to school" today. Apparently he was sick and tired of being bossed around and decided he had earned the right to stay home.
I have wracked my brain today in order to come up with a list of ways in which I have wronged the Boy (or bossed him around). So far I have come up with the following:
1. Stopped by his school and tracked down a custodian so I could get his math book from his desk
2. Brought him to Target and bought his Halloween Costume
3. We went for a family walk last night (he wanted to come with)
4. I made him dinner (made him one of his favorites)
5. I helped him with his homework (did the typing for one of his reports that he dictated)
6. Let him go to sleep at 9 when he declared he was tired (it was his normal bed time)

So yeah, not sure when all of this "Bossing" around happened. Needless to say by the time he got home from school he had forgotten he was even mad at me. We even made a batch of cookies together this afternoon.

This whole "pre-teen" thing is for the birds!

1 comment:

Pants on the Loose & Little Man said...

Yikes! He needs a does of jelly spoon maybe?!!?!?!? Makes me want to keep Pants little forever...all I have to worry about is her pooping in her pants!! Congratulations on the Meanest Mom award!!!