Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Case of the Blah's

Today I am experiencing a small case of the Blah's. No discernible reason for it other than "because". I'd like to imagine that I am not the only one out there that just wants to stomp there feet and march back to bed.
I heard today that our own Miss Pants had a case of the "my day is going terribles" and voluntarily went off to take a nap. As I sit here and type this I am pretty jealous of Miss Pants. She had a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad day and sulked in her playroom until Elle came home from work. As a grown up I don't really get that option.
I fought the urge to go shopping today since the "I wants" go hand in hand with the Blah's. I want new clothes because all of my old ones are ugly. I want new books because the ones I checked out from the library are boring. The list can go on and on but you get the basic idea.
I text The Dad to warn him and tell him to not let me go shopping under any circumstances. His solution "You can always go to the store and buy me a graphing calculator". Not sure how driving to the store to buy him something for school is supposed to cheer me up.
So I am resigned to the fact that I can't very well get away with a croppy flop of a temper tantrum. When I get home from work I won't be able to take a nap since the Boy needs to do his homework and will want to have dinner.
You know, it's days like this when being a grown up is no fun at all. I am calling this current mood "Frugal Fatigue" I am tired of being responsible and mature dammit. I want to...... honestly, I don't know what I want. I think I mostly just want it to be Friday.

1 comment:

Pants on the Loose & Little Man said...

I agree with The Mom, it so terribly needs to be Friday.....we are close but not close enough. I think a croppy flop moment would be totally excusable at this point! Missing you-