Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's My Birthday!

Today is my 33rd birthday- I am here to tell you that I got sh*t for my birthday!. Told the Dad I was going to say that because he bought me a compost machine for my birthday. Given our growing commitment to a green lifestyle it is a welcome present.
Even more touching is the fact that the Dad used the money he earned by selling his comics and brewing equipment for my present. Previously the money had been earmarked for a new laptop so he sacrifice is very touching.
The Boy had a modified day at school today (half day) and he made me a grilled cheese for lunch. So sweet of him. He is all about helping out in the kitchen these days and learning how to cook.
It was such a treat today to get happy birthday wishes from my CS friends across the country.
I received a wonderful phone call from Elle and Pants as well as cards and pictures in the mail from them. Pants sang me a beautiful rendition of "Happy Happy" which is her version of the Happy Birthday song.
S.R. my sister in law also called to wish me a happy birthday. It was fun hearing about how big my goddaughter is getting.
Sadly tomorrow marks the end of my birthday-palooza until next year.

No comments: