Saturday, August 2, 2008

Challenge Failure on Day #2?

I posted our family monthly challenge goals just yesterday morning. One of our first goals was to not purchase anything this month other than food items. Day one- success. Day two- bump in the road.
As a family we have decided to head to Laguna Beach tomorrow to do some body surfing and play in the sand. Sounds like a nice free day right? Wrong, as we haven't been to the beach yet this summer we forgot that our beach towels are somewhere in Mexico. We packed them on our vacation to Mexico last summer and sacrificed them when our luggage was too full. So one trip to Target to pick up some beach towels later our "buy nothing except food goal" has hit a snag.
However, we rebounded well and found some nice towels on end of season clearance. Success! Unfortunately our elation id not last long. After we returned home we discovered that one of the cables on the computer needed to be replaced as well.
But alas, never fear, I am not ready to throw in the towel for the month yet.

2 comments:

Bridie MacDonald said...

Sheila--I read your whole blog already. I always so impressed by your family and the joys you must have everyday. I can;t even imagine having that happy of a life. You are a wonderful mother and a great wife, you truly inspire me to be a great person. I know you got a setback on day 2, but things will shape up for you this month! Happy awesome august!

The Mom said...

Bridie,
Happy lives don't come easy and trust me there have been plenty of ups and downs. I am honored that you think I am a wonderful mother. I will check back at your comment next time I am winning the race for "worst mom in the world" contest.