Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Squirrel on the Loose

The events of today provided me with further proof of the theory of karma. Not sure exactly what I have done recently to deserve all of the events that happened today. I have some ideas- nothing major but I have probably been a wee bit too snarky this week for my own good.

The day started off with the discovery that $445 worth of debit charges that weren't mine on my account. 4 charges to Target and one to Toys R Us. The result was a couple of hours worth of phone calls to the bank, Target and Toys R Us. The lovely people on the WIR gave me a few suggestions on steps to take to protect my bank accounts.

Just as I was finally able to control the panic attacks from the banking mess, my partner Derek yelled "shut your door!" So of course I left my office to find out why I should shut my door. Lucky me I was just in time to see our new friend scurry across the floor.

You know it's never good with the word "scurry" is used in a sentence. Seems some wayward squirrel has decided that my place of business makes an excellent rodent hotel. A quick Google search on "squirrel trapping" answered most of the questions that I had on evicting my new friend.

Awaiting to see the effectiveness of our attempts-- one live trap cage baited with a Reece's peanut butter cup. Not sure why we landed on a candy bar to lure the squirrel but the convenience store was much closer than the grocery store.

Fingers crossed in the hopes that the squirrel likes chocolate and has his bags packed for his new home (at least 3 miles from the office as per Google)

No comments: