Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Date Night that Never Was

After surviving the work week I can home from work on Friday ready to enjoy the weekend. The Boy was invited to a sleep over at J-Dog's house. So like any reasonably minded female I started thinking- woo hoo date night!
I should have known from experience that when The Mom comes up with a little mental plan things always go awry. The nerve of the men/boys that live at my house with me!
The Boy decided I should feed him before his sleepover so The Dad decided was should have dinner a a family. Ok- nice family time but that canceled any opportunity to have a nice quiet meal at a restaurant with the Dad. No big deal.
So I get back from dropping the Boy off at J-Dog's and start thinking- "Ok maybe now we can go out and do something". What a fool I was.
While I was driving the 4 blocks to J-Dog's the Dad was putting on his pajamas and getting comfortable for the night. Ok- cancel leaving the house. So I start thinking- Oh maybe we can watch a nice movie together. Again- what a fool (you would think I would learn my lesson).
The Dad claims the remote and suggests we watch Zodiac. No big deal- not my first choice but I can deal.
All was going along smoothly until I scolded the dogs for snoring so loudly and found out it was my "date" aka The Dad who was snoring!
So my Date Night schedule was as follows:
6:00 Made dinner for the family
6:30 Drove the Boy to J-Dog's
7:00 Started watching Zodiac
8:00 the Dad fell asleep on the sofa.
10:00 Zodiac ended and I woke up the Dad and sent him to bed.

I tell you what- he owes me do-over on Date Night!

1 comment:

Pants on the Loose & Little Man said...

I say THE DAD owes you more like a week of date nights for that! Hoping your Sunday goes more according to plan?! Missing you-Elle